Front End Web Developer
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent working experience
- Working knowledge of WordPress and/or other popular CMS platforms
- Email Design and Development
- Ability to translate wireframes / designs into functional sites
- Must be capable of working with designer on some projects, as well as being the designer on other projects
- Must be able to prioritize work to meet deadlines but shift focus rapidly when priorities change
- Must be comfortable speaking directly with clients as needed.
Special Consideration Given
- Working knowledge of LAMP (Linux / Apache / MySQL / PHP) Stack
- Past WordPress Theme / Plugin Development
- Base understanding of database queries.
- App Development – UI/UX designs iOS / Android, etc
- Ability to explain technical details to non-technical staff
What You’ll Be Doing
This candidate will work on a variety of 535media projects and 535media client projects with a team of front end developers and back end developers. These projects range from large media websites garnering tens of millions of page views per month, to small mom and pop style businesses that are just entering the online world. Projects range from simple informational websites to full fledged e-commerce solutions and everywhere in between.
The candidate should be comfortable speaking with technical and non-technical staff, as well as comfortable interfacing directly with the client via email, phone call and occasional in-person meetings as needed.
The right candidate will have the skills to work individually on projects, as well as work in groups to see a project through to completion. Must be able to change gears quickly and adapt as workload changes or emergencies arise.
What You’ll Find
535media offers a fun, focused and fast paced work environment that fosters a culture of innovation. The development team is a small team that supports a large number of in-house and client-based projects. Priorities can and do change quickly, but the structure of our team provides the support needed to adjust as needed. In return for your hard work you’ll find a competitive salary, full benefits package, 401k and tuition reimbursement.*
*Tuition reimbursement available after 1 year of employment
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and capable of working at our physical location. 535media will not sponsor this position. No recruiters, no agencies, no phone calls.